Dear Team Members,
1. Exactly one year back, VMC ushered in 1st January, 2017 by launching Railway Station Area Redevelopment Work touching the ‘heart’ of Vadodara.
2. Today we ushered in 1st January, 2018 by launching accelerated Sursagar Lakefront Development Project touching the ‘soul’ of Baroda.
3. As part of this, the 300 years old massive Sursagar Lake would be entirely dewatered, dredged and redeveloped at a cost of about Rs 38 Crores.
4. The redeveloped Sursagar would have ghats on all four sides with a perimeter of 1.4 Kms, where more than 25,000 persons can congregate at a time. We intend to have boating, light-and-sound shows and various activities at this site.
5. We also intend to develop the adjacent Nyay Mandir as City Heritage Museum and Lal Court as City Art & Culture Centre. All Char Darwazas and Mandvi Gate are already being restored and work would be completed in the next six months
6. As per our accelerated plan for Sursagar Lake finalized today, what would have taken 28 months as per the tender-contract would now be completed in merely 14 months. The redeveloped Sursagar would be dedicated to the City on the MAHA-SHIVRATRI on 4th March, 2019!
7. From that day, we intend to start daily MAHA-AARTI every evening at Sursagar, along the lines of daily Maha-Aarti at Ganga Ghat in Varanasi.
8. On that very day i.e. the 4th of March, 2019, many other signature-projects of the City, including the first phase of JAN MAHAL would be ready for dedication to the City!
All the above, if things work the way we have planned and would tirelessly pursue…
Wishing all Barodians a very Restless and Relentless 2018!
- Previous A big round of Applause for everyone present for the charity show ‘The Cake Stor…
- Next મેડિકલ બિલના વિરોધમાં ગુજરાતના હજારો ડૉક્ટરો જોડાયાં. ડૉક્ટરોને કેન્દ્ર સરકાર દ…
You may also like...
Traffic at a Glance
Days in Range 30
Average Daily Pageviews 36
From Search Results 641
Unique IPs 724
Last 30 minutes 0